AZvip
Amigo OpenSPA
23 Feb 2010
PRIORITY MANAGER V1.8 BY BUYUKBANG

35429014.png

CLICK FOR MORE SCREENSHOTS

Release Log For v1.8
----------------------

This version is developed and tested on the firmware 0.9.5020 by BuyukBang and it's also tested on the firmware 0.9.4890 by Gorsky.

NEW: Optimizations for TV channel browser, TV channel switch speed and recording.

NEW: Optimizations for server + client camd configurations (e.g. oscam + mgcamd).

NEW: More DOM speed improvement with DOM_SPEED=1 setting.

NEW: Added LEFT_SHIFT, TOP_SHIFT and RATIO parameters to PriorityManagerSettings.txt. Now users that have problems with Priority Manager screen size on their TV's can easily adjust size with this setting file.

NEW: Added RUN_AFTER_RETURN_FROM_KILL option to PriorityManagerSettings.txt. Now you can
define your epg plugin script to be run when switching back to TV mode after TV and camd
killed by KILL_TV_EMU option.

NEW: If you put your hosts file and/or .profile file under /DISK2, they'll be replaced
with the original files automatically by Priority Manager at the startup (Normally these
files are always restored by the firmware). So you can define your own host redirections
and profile settings (e.g. aliases).

NEW: Added support for automatically pausing OSCam DVB API when Azbox sleeps (OSCam works
as server mode only) and resuming it again when Azbox wakes up (OSCam works as client &
server mode). This provides more system resources for applications running while Azbox is
sleeping and also a small amount of power saving.
You can find more information about in below document ( search the word pauseoscam ):
http :// streamboard.gmc.to/svn/oscam/trunk/Distribution/doc/txt/oscam.conf.txt

NEW: Added "Mode" button to user interface.

NEW: Rearranged PriorityManagerSettings.txt.

FIX: Sometimes TV and camd doesn't restart after switching back to TV mode when KILL_TV_EMU
option is activated.

FIX: After wakeup TV and camd doesn't restart after switching back to TV mode when KILL_TV_EMU
option is activated.

FIX: Performance fix for Cheops camd.

Tester Reviews For v1.8 Release
--------------------------------

- "We saw the I**X BD 1080 DTS documentary last night and NO PROBLEM streaming!!!! I am impressed!!!" (Gorsky)

- "Browser Speeds etc are better than other version." (Smudger)

- "I've done some test and it seems much better than pm1.7" (Alex-1)

- "This version is looking really really good, zapping is faster and channel list navigation is faster. From what i am testing, is pretty good." (hfmls)

- "Perfect ... You did a perfect job." (arci - comments for new screen size parameters)

- "Thank you! Now I've found for me the ideal parameters." (Zeini- comments for new screen size parameters)

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smudger for the all information, tests and power measurements, his tests killed the bugs!

Kanber Kav for his permission for the usage and modification of his Multicas Info plugin
and for the idea of increasing internal storage (DOM) speed!

Zeini for the detailed channel switching time tests!

Gorsky for the detailed review, tests, feedbacks and recommendations.

Alex-1, arci, hfmls, appoggio77, Moicas3004 for their great feedbacks and beta tests!

DESCRIPTION:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This plugin is written by BuyukBang to improve total performance of Azbox HD and add some
missing features! However its name remains as "Priority Manager", it now makes more than
its name offers. Here are the features of Priority Manager:

* Priority Manager automatically changes the priorities of the processes, kill and restart
some of the processes to give optimal performance for the menu being used. I tested all
processes one by one, decided their effects on the performance of all modules and prepared
a bug-free (hopefully) and complex logic to cover all possible usage cases.

* Priority Manager provides power saving! Smudger's power measurements show that
Priority Manager decrease power consumption of the box from 25W to 23W while watching an
SD channel and from 28W to 24W while watching an HD channel.

* Priority Manager provides password protected hidden channel list feature. This will
cover a missing functionality in Azbox and so that you will be able to prepare a separate
hidden channel list which you want hide from people not knowing your password. Default
channel list will be automatically replaced after reboot. So any reboots / electricity
problems will not reveal your hidden channel list.

* Priority Manager can move plugins to internal HDD or USB storages.

* Priority Manager upgrades Busybox from v1.0 to v1.16.

* Priority Manager enables Cron usage.

* Priority Manager optionally automatically mounts CIF and NFS shares when remote server
is online and automatically unmounts CIF AND NFS shares when remote server is offline, so
protects file manager from freezes when remote goes offline after the shares mounted.

* Priority Manager optionally creates swap file on your HDD/Flash disk which will help
RAM by caching some part of the memory. Priority Manager not only supports creating swap
file on internal HDD or usb HDD/Flash disk connected before Azbox boots, it also supports
creating swap file on usb HDD/Flash disk connected after Azbox boots by continuously
checking for new USB devices.

* You can backup or restore /DISK2 and /PLUGINS folders with just a simple button from
user interface.

* Priority Manager optionally takes backup of /DISK2 and /PLUGINS folders in user defined
periods in background.

* Priority Manager can execute user selected programs after going into SLEEP mode and
the kill them after return from SLEEP mode. By using this feature running resource
intensive programs like transmission, aMule, azepgmgr in only SLEEP mode will be
automatically managed without user intervention.

* Priority Manager increases internal storage (DOM) speed speed up to 20% by changing
its working parameters.

* Priority Manager provides "Deep Sleep Mode" which automatically kills all unnecessary
applications and improve downloading speed when box goes to sleep mode.

* You can reset all system passwords with just a simple button from user interface.

* If you put your hosts file and/or .profile file under /DISK2, the original files are
replaced with your files automatically by Priority Manager at the startup (Normally these
files are always restored by the firmware). So you can define your own host redirections
and profile settings (e.g. aliases).

* Up on deactivating or uninstalling Priority Manager, if related features activated in
/DISK2/etc/PriorityManagerSettings.txt, Busybox downgrades to the orginal version,swap file
and cron is deactivated all mounted shares are unmounted and plugins are moved back to
original place. A complete rollback without reboot requirement is performed.

INSTALLATION:

METHOD 1 : USING PLUGINS MENU USER INTERFACE
1. Extract PriorityManager.plugin and plugins.lst files from the archive file.

2. Copy PriorityManager.plugin and plugins.lst to USB or simply transfer them by FTP to
/tmp folder of your Azbox.

3. Enter Plugins menu, press Red Button on remote controller to add plugin. If you're
using USB select to install it from USB, or if you transferred files to /tmp folder
install it from tmp folder.

4. Check user defined parameters in /DISK2/etc/PriorityManagerSettings.txt and edit
parameters if you want, save the file.

5. Activate plugin from the plugins menu: PLUGINS-->PriorityManager-->Activate/Reactivate

METHOD 2 : MANUAL INSTALLATION
Those having difficulties with azbox plugin installation mechanism may choose this method.
1. Rename PriorityManager.plugin as PriorityManager.tgz and extract files with an unzip
tool like winrar, 7-Zip, etc.

2. Upload PriorityManager folder to azbox under /PLUGINS folder.

3. chmod 755 everything in PriorityManager folder and its sub folders.

4. Run following command in TELNET: /PLUGINS/PriorityManager/sh/install.sh

5. Check user defined parameters in /DISK2/etc/PriorityManagerSettings.txt and edit
parameters if you want, save the file.

6. Activate plugin from the plugins menu: PLUGINS-->PriorityManager-->Activate/Reactivate

IMPORTANT NOTES & PERFORMANCE TIPS:

- If you have any problem with Priority Manager screen size on your TV, adjust LEFT_SHIFT,
TOP_SHIFT and RATIO parameters in /DISK2/etc/PriorityManagerSettings.txt for your TV.

- For the best performance activating KILL_TV_EMU, DOM_SPEED, SWAPPER and UPGRADE_BUSYBOX
parameter in /DISK2/etc/PriorityManagerSettings.txt is highly recommended. These values
are disabled by default. You can find more detailed explanations about these parameters in
PriorityManagerSettings.txt.

- After the first run of the script standby.sh and wakeup.sh scripts will be created under
/DISK2/etc . These scripts will help to main script for the decision of the sleep mode by
creating and deleting a file ( /tmp/PriorityManager_Sleep ) If you have already standby.sh
and wakeup.sh in /DISK2/etc, they will be backed up by installation process in the same
directory. Then you may want to manually add your own commands to these scripts before
running Priority Manager.

- You need to disable Priority Manager and reboot before upgrading firmware from Settings
menu if you activated UPGRADE_BUSYBOX setting. There is no such a requirement for upgrading
from usb boot menu (patch.bin method).

BUG REPORTS

If you have any problems with Priority Manager, activate VERBOSE LOG from user interface
and restart Priority Manager from PLUGINS-->PriorityManager-->Activate/Reactivate.
This will create a verbose log file /Download/PriorityManager_Verbose_Log . Collect data
with this option set to 1, without stopping, restarting, reactivating and deactivating
Priority Manager, because all this operations will delete all old log files. Then send an
e-mail to buyukbang @ gmail.com containing PriorityManager_Verbose_Log with the approximate
time that problem occured.

LIST OF NEW COMMANDS IN BUSYBOX V1.16:

ar, arp, arping, blkid, brctl, bzip2, cal, catv, chattr, chpasswd, chpst, cksum, comm,
cpio, crond, crontab, cryptpw, cttyhack, depmod, devfsd, devmem, dhcprelay, diff, dnsd,
dnsdomainname, dumpkmap, ed, eject, envdir, envuidgid, ether-wake, expand, fakeidentd,
fbsplash, fdflush, findfs, flash_eraseall, flash_lock, flash_unlock, flashcp, fold, fsck,
fsck.minix, fsync, ftpd, ftpget, ftpput, fuser, hd, httpd, hush, ifenslave, ifplugd,
inetd, ip, ipaddr, ipcalc, ipcrm, ipcs, iplink, iproute, iprule, iptunnel, kbd_mode,
killall5, length, linux32, linux64, loadfont, loadkmap, logread, losetup, lpd, lpq, lpr,
lsattr, lspci, lsusb, lzmacat, lzop, lzopcat, makemime, man, mdev, mesg, microcom,
mkdosfs, mke2fs, mkfs.ext2, mkfs.minix, mkfs.reiser, mkfs.vfat, mkpasswd, mountpoint,
msh, nameif, nc, nice, nmeter, nohup, ntpd, patch, pgrep, ping6, pkill, popmaildir,
printenv, pscan, rdev, readprofile, realpath, reformime, resize, rpm, rpm2cpio, rtcwake,
runlevel, runsv, runsvdir, script, scriptreplay, sendmail, seq, setarch, setconsole,
setfont, setkeycodes, setlogcons, setsid, setuidgid, sha256sum, sha512sum, showkey,
slattach, softlimit, split, stat, sum, sv, svlogd, switch_root, tac, tcpsvd, tftpd,
timeout, tr, traceroute6, tunctl, tune2fs, udpsvd, uncompress, unexpand, unlzma, unlzop,
volname, wall, watch, watchdog, who, zcip

DOWNLOAD:
You can download this from attachment or from the alternative link:
Alternative Link

Adjuntos

• Priority_Manager_v1.8_by_Buyukbang.zip
    894,9 KB · Visitas: 272

gorski

Usuario Destacado
Loco por OpenSPA
10 Abr 2009
Here's what I did with this cool BuyukBang's script - quickly described, in relation to my needs...

Before everything else, in the PM 1.8 one has lots and lots of various possibilities to tweak AZbox HD and improve its performance, that most ordinary users won't need but they are there, nevertheless - and great that we have those extra tools!!!! Read on, learn and enjoy messing about, depending on your needs/wants!!! ;)

One little thing [but a great touch, nevertheless!!!] is the ability to move the PM's main menu about, if it doesn't fit your TV screen properly.

For instance, it didn't fit mine 100%, as I needed to move it to the right and a little bit down. This is what I did, in order to achieve that, in the PM settings:

Código:
TOP_SHIFT=10
LEFT_SHIFT=20
RATIO=90

Top Shift moves it down and Left Shift moves it from the left to the right, while ratio of less than 100 reduces its size.

OK, have a look at what I did, when it comes to PM's major functions:

Código:
#!/bin/sh
# PRIORITY MANAGER V1.8 BY BUYUKBANG
#---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
PRIORITY_MANAGEMENT=1
KILL_TV_EMU=0 
#---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
HIDDEN_CHN_LST_PASS=00000
DOM_SPEED=1
UPGRADE_BUSYBOX=1
CRON=0
SWAPPER=1
SWAPSIZE=204800            # ==> SIZE OF SWAP FILE IN BYTES.
SWAPDEVICE=/DATA/usb1/sda1
# ==> CHOOSE DEVICE, WHERE TO CREATE SWAPFILE
# FOR INTERNAL HDD DISK SET SWAPDEVICE AS  : /DATA/hdb1
# FOR USB1 HDD/FLASH DISK SET SWAPDEVICE AS: /DATA/usb1/sda1
# FOR USB2 HDD/FLASH DISK SET SWAPDEVICE AS: /DATA/usb2/sda1
DEEP_SLEEP=0
MOVE_PLUGINS=0
SCHEDULED_BACKUP=0
ACTIONS=0
CIF_MOUNT=0
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
VERBOSE_MODE=0

So, I:

A) activated PM,

B) [I have a USB memory stick stuck into my AZbox HD's USB port no. 1 = USB1, which I formatted by AZbox HD, using the remote controller: HOME -> Settings -> Storage -> Format] created a 200MB SWAP file on my USB memory stick, which greatly improves the stability and speed of AZbox HD, because AZ doesn't have enough internal physical memory,

C) increased the DOM speed/reaction time.

D) As you can see, I have no internal or external USB HDD attached to my AZbox HD. But I also have NAS [Network Attached Storage], attached to my router, just as my AZbox HD is attached to the router. They should therefore be able to "talk".

I made them a part of my WORKGROUP, of course. Btw, one should configure each device in your WORKGROUP, so they belong to the WORKGROUP. You can name your WORKGROUP any way you want to... For AZbox HD you go to HOME -> Settings -> Network Service -> File Server -> Enable by pressing OK -> Setting -> put the details in...

In accordance with the above requirements, I did the following, in order to "mount" the movies, music and photos on my NAS to my AZbox HD, so AZbox HD can "see" those files and my NAS can stream them, via my home network [LAN] to AZbox HD. [AZbox HD has a built-in Media Player that can turn those files into images and sounds and if you go to HOME -> File Manager -> it will be able to play them all from there, if it can play those formats, hehe... :D]

1) On Synology DS210j [my cool Linux-based and really well sorted NAS], I created shared folders [video, music, photo and TVrecord].

2) Then, I activated the NFS sharing protocol in DS210j settings [Linux streaming protocol, as opposed to Windows, CIFS].

3) I also created a user I called AZboxHD [including the password]. Otherwise, all else is done from the main admin account, with its password. One needs to give rights to the AZboxHD user [Write and/or just Read,according to what your needs are].

4) Each Shared Folder needs to be edited -> NFS Privileges. Here, I gave them to my AZbox HD, in the form of its IP address [192.168.x.x].

Even though I have an admin account with username/password to log in - it is then not necessary, when you do the

5) Settings to mount the NFS shared folders, in Priority Manager:

NFS_MOUNT=1

REMOTE_IP=192.168.x.x

CHECK_PATH=/DATA/movie -> this is because I have no HDD attached to my AZbox HD, otherwise [if you do have an internal or external USB HDD] BuyukBang tells me one should create a new, different folder from the default one and then the CHECK_PATH and the following lines differ slightly.

[Check his Readme.txt in /PLUGINS/Priority Manager, for many details or a file called PriorityManagerSettings.txt file in /DISK2/etc folder of your AZbox HD, once you install PM 1.8!!! This is where you change all those settings!!!]

Here are mine, for DS210j NAS, which is seen by AZbox HD as "volume1" [its storage capacity] + the Sharing Folders [as you can see below = video, music, photo and TVrecord]:

Código:
NFS[1]="[COLOR=DarkGreen]mount -t nfs -o nolock,rsize=8192,wsize=8192[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]192.168.x.x[/COLOR]:[COLOR=Blue]/volume1/video[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]/DATA/movie[/COLOR]"
NFS[2]="[COLOR=DarkGreen]mount -t nfs -o nolock,rsize=8192,wsize=8192[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]192.168.x.x[/COLOR]:[COLOR=Blue]/volume1/music[/COLOR] /DATA/music"
NFS[3]="[COLOR=DarkGreen]mount -t nfs -o nolock,rsize=8192,wsize=8192[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]192.168.x.x[/COLOR]:[COLOR=Blue]/volume1/photo[/COLOR] /DATA/picture"
NFS[4]="[COLOR=DarkGreen]mount -t nfs -o nolock,rsize=8192,wsize=8192[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]192.168.x.x[/COLOR]:[COLOR=Blue]/volume1/TVRecord[/COLOR] /DATA/recordfile"

Green bits = main command to auto-mount those folders at specific transfer speeds/chunks of data
Red bits = IP address of your NAS/PC, in your Home Network
Blue bits = NAS/PC shared folders you want your AZbox HD to see [= "mount"]
Black bits = where on AZbox HD will you find those folders from your NAS/PC

BuyukBang explains other possibilities in that section [CIFS and NFS], as in Linux there are always more ways to do the same thing and people's setups differ... I simply gave you the info for my situation, what actually worked for me...

=================MY CONCLUSION SO FAR================

My experience with streaming from my Synology DS210j NAS + BuyukBang's PM v. 1.8, so far:

AVI - no problem.

VOB [DVD files] - no problem!

IMAX.Ride.Around.The.World.2006.1080p.BluRay.x264.mkv, with DTS sound -> drop-out just once, for a fraction of a second and a picture slow down for about 5 - 10 secs at one point [19th minute].

At the same time I was copying large files onto my NAS from a USB HDD attached to it.

Later on, I also tried a couple of concerts, mkv 1080, with DTS. Similar results. Watchable!!! Occasionally your picture will slow down for a few secs and DTS drop-outs will happen rarely! But it's watchable!

In fact, I am impressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Both with what BuyukBang has done and with Synology DS210j NAS!!!

But I have to somewhat change my perception of AZbox HD accordingly, I'm afraid.... It's not as bad as it seemed initially, when it comes to streaming to AZbox HD. One needs a Linux based NAS or PC, with NFS installed and properly configured and... maybe... Windows based sharing [CIFS] is more limited, it seems...

Still, Celrun/OpenSat don't deserve people like BuyukBang, the KGD team and all the other enthusiasts, who give freely and improve AZbox HD beyond its limitations, thanx to Celrun's programmers' limitations and crappy Sigma "support"...

=====P.S. If only we could record from AZbox HD to NAS/PC=====

All I hear at it is not possible... This is what BB told me:

I didn't try since I don't have a NAS, instead using PC. But never tried this since I've an internal HDD too.

I don't think it's impossible. But may be freezes in picture making it useless.

To try it, you need to change below symlinks under /DISK2:

Código:
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     default         21 Jan  1  2000 recordfile -> /DATA/hdb1/recordfile/
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     default         20 Jan  1  2000 recording -> /DATA/hdb1/recording/

These are automatically mapped to internal HDD for me.

I think you need to these (not tried, just quessing):

Código:
mkdir  /PATH_FOR_YOUR_NAS_AFTER_MOUNT/recordfile
mkdir  /PATH_FOR_YOUR_NAS_AFTER_MOUNT/recording

ln -sf /PATH_FOR_YOUR_NAS_AFTER_MOUNT/recordfile  /DATA/recordfile 
ln -sf /PATH_FOR_YOUR_NAS_AFTER_MOUNT/recording /DATA/recording

Anyone?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

hperez

AZmod
Loco por OpenSPA
Fan de OpenSPA
10 Dic 2009
Interesante. A lo mejor la pruebo.

La anterior versión que probé (no sé si era la 1.3) tenía el problema de que de vez en cuando el disco duro se ponía en marcha en stand-by.

buyukbang

AZvip
Amigo OpenSPA
23 Feb 2010
Yes, you're right. Old PM versions had this bug. It was fixed in v1.7 release.

hperez dijo:
Interesante. A lo mejor la pruebo.

La anterior versión que probé (no sé si era la 1.3) tenía el problema de que de vez en cuando el disco duro se ponía en marcha en stand-by.

buyukbang

AZvip
Amigo OpenSPA
23 Feb 2010
If you don't want to bother with editing settings file, you can use below "ready to run" settings file. This file includes all necessary settings for the best perfomance.

DOWNLOAD SETTINGS FILE

Note 1: Some feaures are disabled in this settings (NFS auto mounting ,CIF mounting, cron, deep sleep, moving plugins to another path...) If you need them, you have to edit this file to make it fit your needs.

Note 2: if you don't have an internal HDD you need to change below parameters according to which usb port you are using:

SWAPDEVICE=/DATA/usb1/sda1
OR
SWAPDEVICE=/DATA/usb2/sda1

BACKUP_PATH=/DATA/usb1/sda1/BACKUP
OR
BACKUP_PATH=/DATA/usb2/sda1/BACKUP

tabernas

Usuario
Fan de OpenSPA
Amigo OpenSPA
11 Ene 2010
Gracias buyukbang, buen trabajo, se nota la mejoría en todos los aspectos, sobre todo en estabilidad y en reproducción en red.

Saludos.

gorski

Usuario Destacado
Loco por OpenSPA
10 Abr 2009
IT IS WORKING!!!! :D

I managed to record from AZ [in]directly to NAS, as indicated by Keibertz!! I tried this morning and it worked better.

Last night it was idx temporary files and it wasn't stable, blocked my laptop and NAS, so I had to reboot etc.

When I started recording it was creating tmp.idx files and idx files, which were not playable. Anyways, there were plenty of difficulties...

But this morning it was cool! It created TS files and it was playable, it was all functioning pretty well, I am very pleased to say. Some jerky moments, but overall it was good!

One thing I noticed is that it needed a few times to delete all that was there, each time showing me more stuff I tried recording at different attempts, which kinda failed and needed to be deleted - almost as if it was done in layers, so I had to delete it in layers, one at a time...

One more thing: my 1GB USB Memory Stick is also losing the SWAP file after deleting this stuff. I can't see it in HOME -> File Manager -> USB1 -> SDA1. Even after a few reboots, sometimes... Weird... One can see that USB1 is there, just SWAP is lost...

So, as you said, Keibertz, it is possible to do it via USB memory stick, mounting it that way. In Settings, under Storage I have 1.1 TB free, which means AZ really sees my NAS!!!

This is what I did, according to Keibertz & co. Wiki article plus what we discussed here before, in detail...

1) Telnet command to mount the folder necessary for recording via USB memory stick to NAS:

Código:
mount /dev/sda /DATA/usb1

2) A line in BB's PM 1.8, under "Mount NFS folders" in the Settings file:

Código:
NFS[4]="mount -t nfs -o nolock,rsize=8192,wsize=8192 192.168.x.x:/volume1/TVrecord /DATA/usb1"

192.168.x.x = the IP address of my NAS

/volume1/TVrecord = the folder on my NAS I want to record to, of course, and

/DATA/usb1 = the roundabout taken to mount the NAS folder for recording, as the WIKI article states. This is where one will find the recordings, under SDA1, if one goes HOME -> File Manager -> USB1 -> SDA1 -> recordfile [the way I set it up for my needs].

THANX A BUNCH for the advice and details, as with a little bit of patience and perseverance I managed to sort it out!!!

Thanx Synology for the great little home NAS DS210j!!!

Thanx BuyukBang for PM 1.8! Great little piece of work!!!

Thanx Zeini, Keibertz and co. for the Wiki articles and advice here!!!

ZIVJELI!!! PROST!!! CHEERS!!! OLE!!!! :)

corruptus

Usuario
Loco por OpenSPA
13 Sep 2009
Hola Gorsky,

In your opinion, what software KDG Firmware or other firm with PM offers the best results in audio/video playback? and of course, in CS?
Thks

And thanks for the tips for using NAS with Azbox. It´s great for me and my QNAP NAS!

gorski

Usuario Destacado
Loco por OpenSPA
10 Abr 2009
U welcome, m8!

4890 + PM 1.8.

But I haven't tested them all...

buyukbang

AZvip
Amigo OpenSPA
23 Feb 2010
@Gorski,

As I promised you I tested recording to NFS mount today. The result was perfect, no freezes, no glitches. I just activated NFS mount feature of Priority Manager and added below setting:

NFS[1]="mount -t nfs $REMOTE_IP:/download /DATA/hdb1/recordfile/ -o nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768"

Código:
NFS[1]="mount -t nfs $REMOTE_IP:/download /DATA/hdb1/recordfile/ -o nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768"
In this line I used "/DATA/hdb1/recordfile/" because I have an internal HDD and "/DATA/recordfile directory" is automatically mapped to "/DATA/hdb1/recordfile/" by the firmware while booting. So if there is no HDD, a flashdisk can help. In this situation below lines can be used:

If flashdisk inserted into usb1 port:

Código:
NFS[1]="mount -t nfs $REMOTE_IP:/download /DATA/usb1/sda1/recordfile/ -o nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768"
If flashdisk inserted into usb2 port:

Código:
NFS[1]="mount -t nfs $REMOTE_IP:/download /DATA/usb2/sda1/recordfile/ -o nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768"
When using Priority Manager, this is all needed for recording to NFS mounts.

gorski

Usuario Destacado
Loco por OpenSPA
10 Abr 2009
P.S. I lost my SWAP file after the mount command, though...:desmayo:

============================================

The Synology guys - I asked them about the settings in the NAS - said I should only sort out the settings in the client, i.e. in AZ HD, not Synology NAS.

To the NFS issue, we guess that you want to increase the wsize and rsize between the NFS client (your media player) and server (the DS210j). If it's true, this kind of setting should be configured in the NFS client. So you could check if your NFS client supports this kind of parameter. Here is also an example to setup wsize and rsize in the NFS client:

Código:
http://www.debianhelp.co.uk/nfs.htm
Did that [rsize=32768,wsize=32768] and recorded...

1) SD was fine. Watching a programme straight from satellite is nearly perfect. Reproducing the recorded programme from NAS to AZ HD is almost as good. Perfectly watchable!!!

2) However, HD was not watchable, sadly. Too many little freezes etc.

buyukbang

AZvip
Amigo OpenSPA
23 Feb 2010
I'll check HD recording again. PM automatically detects recording process, so may be there are some additional tweaks that we can do for this just for recording. Different nice values, may be some kills ? Just need to check top command...

gorski dijo:
P.S. I lost my SWAP file after the mount command, though...:desmayo:

============================================

The Synology guys - I asked them about the settings in the NAS - said I should only sort out the settings in the client, i.e. in AZ HD, not Synology NAS.

Did that [rsize=32768,wsize=32768] and recorded...

1) SD was fine. Watching a programme straight from satellite is nearly perfect. Reproducing the recorded programme from NAS to AZ HD is almost as good. Perfectly watchable!!!

2) However, HD was not watchable, sadly. Too many little freezes etc.

raskacielos

Usuario
Fan de OpenSPA
7 Ene 2010
Hello Buyukbang, I'm using PM and getepg 2.0. I want to use cron for update epg. I actived cron=1 and I added this line en root file

00 04 * * * /PLUGINS/PanelKGD/epg;./getepg

but it is not working. Please could you help me

Also I want to know how add in cron one line for standby Azbox and another line for wakeup Azbox

Thank you

J

jpbravo

Invitado
raskacielos dijo:
Hello Buyukbang, I'm using PM and getepg 2.0. I want to use cron for update epg. I actived cron=1 and I added this line en root file

00 04 * * * /PLUGINS/PanelKGD/epg;./getepg

but it is not working. Please could you help me

Also I want to know how add in cron one line for standby Azbox and another line for wakeup Azbox

Thank you

prueba a ponerlo asi : 00 04 * * * cd /PLUGINS/PanelKGD/epg;./getepg

salu2

J

jpbravo

Invitado
raskacielos dijo:
Gracias por contestar, ya lo habia probado, y tampoco me funcionó.

pues ese es el comando correcto , de la otra forma no te funcionaria , lo programas para las 6:00 segun pones , no he utilizado este crond pero supongo que si dicen que funciona ,activandolo debe de funcionar ,
salu2

L

leitz

Invitado
yo lo utilice en la version anterior, antes de que saliera la kgd, y no consegui hacerlo funcionar(cron)......

buyukbang

AZvip
Amigo OpenSPA
23 Feb 2010
Hi all,

some others asked me about the cron usage recently via email. I'm giving my reply e-mail (which helped them) below. I hope this helps you, too:

-----------------------------------------------------
I just tested cron for you, I created attached file test.sh, then put it under DISK2, chmod 755 it then added below line to /PLUGINS/PriorityManager/cron/crontabs/root (attached my root file), then set cron=1 in setttings file and restarted PM :

* * * * * /DISK2/test.sh

This starts test.sh this script writes current date to /tmp/test.txt at every minutes. This worked as expected for me:

AZBox[crontabs]$ more /tmp/test.txt
Sun Aug 22 12:25:01 UTC 2010
AZBox[crontabs]$

Be carefull when you are editing the root file, it should be saved in unix format, leave returns at the end of the file.

TEST FILES:
Ver el adjunto 1976

---------------------------------------------------------

Adjuntos

• cron_test_files.zip
    375 bytes · Visitas: 27

raskacielos

Usuario
Fan de OpenSPA
7 Ene 2010
Thank you very much, good job buyukbang, now is working good cron. I think old root file was wrong, the new root file in cron_test_files.zip work good.

Muchas gracias, buen trabajo buyukbang, ahora el cron me funciona perfectamente. Creo que el antiguo archivo root no debía funcionar, porque con el nuevo fichero root que incluyes en cron_test_files.zip me funciona perfectamente.