VU+ Duo2 Una observacion sobre multiboot

eastof111

Presentado
Forero
14 Abr 2014
Versión de OpenSpa:
3.1 para Vu+ Duo² cargado en flash

Descripción del fallo:
El Duo² para en "Experience the difference" en el VFD despues de hacer un online update de Apollo 025. Es necesario de hacer un reflash de OpenSpa 3.1 para que el Duo² funcione correctamente.

Características especiales:
Esta falla ocurre cuando se usa el Multiboot y Apollo 025 y versiones anteriores.
No hay problemas usando otros imagenes con Multiboot. Ver png's.

Se adjunta Crash-log: No

Interesting experience – 07-31-2014,12:22 AM Report Post

Since I usually use multiboot to try out new images or upgrades, I took it for granted that if anything went south, it would not affect the flash. One thing I noticed after an OpenATV upgrade, it indicated a kernel of 3.13, whereas, it has been 3.38. Last night after upgrading and everything working fine, I decided to reboot to OpenVIX. The receiver would not reboot and it would stop at "experience the difference". But, to be fair, this upgrade was done a day after using the image from Nachtfalke, again, via multiboot. So, I really don't know where that kernel 3.13 came from, gremlins.......

So, I removed the usb stick and tried to boot directly to the OpenSpa flash. Again, it would stop at "experience the difference". In order to get the receiver to boot, I had to re-flash with OpenSpa and reload the backup settings. After that, everything was back to normal.

I reinstalled the old multiboot stick and tried various reboots, images and surprisingly, they all worked fine. Checked the kernel numbers for ATV, Nachtfalke, Vix and they all indicated 3.38.

08-23-2014,06:21 PM Report Post

Just did an online update to Apollo 025 via multiboot and got the "experience the difference" freeze. Had to reflash OpenSpa and now everything working fine. I guess Apollo 025 is using kernel 3.13.5 and OpenSPA is 3.38, so that might be the problem. Can't really say, because when I updated to 024, it didn't have that problem and everything worked fine. Gremlins.....

08-23-2014,06:59 PM Report Post

I guess I'll spend some time cleaning up the settings file for each image for future reference. I should have done that a long time ago. I guess I'll start with Vix and see how bad it is.

Adjuntos

• z_1.png
    z_1.png
    1,3 MB · Visitas: 33
  • z_2.png
    z_2.png
    1,2 MB · Visitas: 30
  • Me gusta
Reactions: nasky

morser

OpenSpa Team
Miembro del equipo
21 Mar 2007
Esto no es un error. En el Multiboot, el sistema comparte el kernel y diferentes modulos, archivos y librerias de la OpenSPA con las imagenes que se arrancan en Multiboot. Si desde una imagen instalada en Multiboot haces un update online es posible que se sustituyan algunos de estos archivos haciendo que la imagen en Multiboot deje de funcionar e incluso la OpenSPA. No se aconseja hacer updates online de imagenes en Multiboot, es mejor borrarla e instalar de nuevo la version mas reciente.

• Me gusta
Reactions: rselturk