Home

languages in openspa

kapios

Usuario
Amigo OpenSPA
1 Ene 2010
hi guys
Do you Know how to install GREEK language in openspa-4.0.002?

in openspa 3.1 and 3.2 Replace the file nmsbd.ttf in usr/share/fonts
and the file HandelGotDBol.ttf in usr/share/enigma2/openSPA_basic/fonts
and I had GREEK LANGUAGE and greek epg but in openspa 4.0.002 this trick not work

AZBOXHD PREMIUM

pe.tardo

Miembro de honor OpenSpa
Vip OpenSPA
21 May 2009
BCN
Changing font you changes only the font, not the language itself. I suppose you choose "greek" in the startwizard it isn't?

oscar_fl

Hechado .
Loco por OpenSPA
Forero
9 Abr 2009
Por que quizás en el wizard le dijiste que borrara los otros idiomas.

m2k

Presentado
Forero
5 Mar 2016
just have another question, i choosed the german flag, but its not fully translated to german, some text is in spanish and some in english.
will you complete the translation? or maybe can i help to translate?

pe.tardo

Miembro de honor OpenSpa
Vip OpenSPA
21 May 2009
BCN
just have another question, i choosed the german flag, but its not fully translated to german, some text is in spanish and some in english.
will you complete the translation? or maybe can i help to translate?
I attach last enigma2.po file. This is the main (but not the only one...) file for translations to different
languages. You can edit it using Poedit or an editor, (better, no use windows notepad, it adds some
special characters, and it can give some errors when compiling) Usually, I use Notepad++ to do
this task.
enigma2 language file is placed in

/usr/share/enigma2/po/<your_language_folder>/LC_MESSAGES

After translate enigma2.po, you can go to to

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions

and find which plugins has the folder "locale". Inside this, you'll find different language folders for that
plugin.

When the .po file is completely edited, you'll must to compile to use it in the receiver (you can't use
directly the .po file). To do this, use Poedit: insert your data (user, language, country, etc) and save it
in .mo compiled format. Upload to its folder in the box, restart gui, and that's all..

At last, send me your translations to add it to the firmware.

Adjuntos

• enigma2.rar
    74,4 KB · Visitas: 7

m2k

Presentado
Forero
5 Mar 2016
Thank you, i will PM you when i am done.
I think enigma2.po should be already good translated, i will translate the extenions folder first